|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT ERIC R. JAREN|
Retiring effective Sept. 1, 2012.
Chief Master Sergeant Eric R. Jaren serves as the Command Chief, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. As command chief, he is the primary advisor to the commander and senior staff on all matters affecting training, education, readiness, effective utilization of the command's 13,431 enlisted Airmen and their families. He coordinates with headquarters staff, commanders and senior leaders on development and implementation of command policy affecting the command's 11 centers and 31 wings and wing-equivalent directorates extending across 67 locations. He also serves as the command functional manager for 11 command chiefs, 25 group superintendents and 71 first sergeants.
Chief Jaren entered the Air Force in August 1982 and has served at squadron, group, wing and numbered Air Force levels. Previous duties include superintendent assignments within the Maintenance Group, Operations Group and Mission Support Group, as well as additional duties in mobility operations, first sergeant, protocol and special projects. Before assuming his current position Chief Jaren was the command chief for the Air Force Flight Test Center and 95th Air Base Wing at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.
He is a veteran of numerous contingencies including Operations Desert Shield/Storm/Calm, Deep Freeze, Restore Hope, Support Hope, Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom and Peaceful Summit.
1998 Associate degree in aircraft maintenance technology, Community College of the Air Force
2000 Airframe and powerplant license, Federal Aviation Administration
2008 Bachelor's degree in management and psychology, Excelsior College, N.Y.
2008 Leadership Development Program, Air Force Smart Operations 21st Century
2008 Leadership Development Program, Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg, Pa.
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Va.
2009 Keystone Fellow, Leadership Development Program, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
2010 Master's degree in business administration, TUI University, Cypress, Calif.
2011 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2012 Executive Certificate in Negotiation, Mendoza College of Business,
University of Notre Dame
1. August 1982 - October 1982, Trainee, 3709th Basic Military Training School, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. October 1982 - December 1982, Student, Aircraft Maintenance Technician, 3761st Student Training Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. January 1983 - November 1990, Aero Repair Specialist, C5/C141s, 60th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
4. December 1990 - June 1991, Crew Chief, Saudi Arabia (Operation Desert Shield/Storm/Calm)
5. July 1991 - May 1996, Flight Line Supervisor, C5/C141s, 60th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
6. May 1996 - October 1997, Production Supervisor, C5/C141/KC10s, 60th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
7. October 1997 - October 1998, NCOIC, Wing Protocol and Special Projects, 60th Air Mobility Wing, Travis AFB, Calif.
8. October 1998 - January 2002, Aircraft Program Manager, C141/C17s, Headquarters 15th Air Force, Travis AFB, Calif.
9. January 2002 - June 2004, Superintendent, 715th Air Mobility Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
10. July 2004 - January 2006, Superintendent, F-15Es, 494th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom
11. January 2006 - July 2007, Superintendent, F-15Cs, 493d Aircraft Maintenance Unit, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom
12. July 2007 - April 2008, Superintendent, 95th Mission Support Group, Edwards AFB, Calif.
13. May 2008 - August 2008, interim Command Chief, Air Force Flight Test Center and 95th Air Base Wing, Edwards AFB, Calif.
14. August 2008 - January 2010, Command Chief, Air Force Flight Test Center and 95th Air Base Wing, Edwards AFB, Calif.
15. January 2010 - present, Command Chief, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with one silver leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
1985 Senior Airman Below-the-Zone
1995 Noncommissioned officer of the year, 60th Air Mobility Wing
1996 Stripes for Exceptional Performer's promotion
1999 Senior noncommissioned officer of the year, Headquarters Fifteenth Air Force
2000 Senior noncommissioned officer of the year, Headquarters Fifteenth Air Force
2001 Senior noncommissioned officer of the year, Headquarters Fifteenth Air Force
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Staff Sergeant January 1, 1987
Technical Sergeant March 1, 1993
Master Sergeant March 6, 1996
Senior Master Sergeant September 1, 2001
Chief Master Sergeant November, 1 2004
(Current as of January 2011)