|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT MICHAEL J. WARNER|
Chief Master Sergeant Michael J. Warner serves as the Command Chief, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. As command chief, he is the primary advisor to the commander and senior staff on all matters affecting training, education, readiness and effective utilization of the command's more than 75,000 enlisted Airmen, civilians and their families. He coordinates with headquarters staff, commanders and senior leaders on development and implementation of command policy. He also serves as the command functional manager for the command chiefs, group superintendents and first sergeants across AFMC.
Chief Warner grew up in Denver, Colorado. He started his military service in the United States Army Reserve as an infantryman in 1984. He entered the Air Force in March 1987. His background includes various challenging duties as a security specialist, a First Sergeant and NCO Academy Commandant. Prior to his current assignment, he was the Command Chief Master Sergeant for 11th Air Force and Senior Enlisted Leader for Alaska Command, Alaska NORAD and Joint-Task Force Alaska, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Anchorage, Alaska.
1989 NCO Preparatory Course, Offutt AFB, Neb., Distinguished Graduate
1991 NCO Leadership School, Offutt AFB, Neb., Distinguished Graduate
1993 NCO Academy, Peterson AFB, Colo., John Levitow Honor Graduate
1996 Associate degree in Security Administration, CCAF
1997 Senior NCO Academy by correspondence
1997 Associate degree in Personnel Administration, CCAF
1998 Bachelor of Science in Organizational and Human Resource Management, Colorado
Christian University, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2000 U.S. Air Force Senior NCO Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala., Distinguished Graduate
2004 Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute Leadership Team Awareness Course, Patrick
2004 Leadership Development Program, The Center for Creative Leadership, San Diego, Calif.
2006 Gettysburg Senior Leader Experience, Gettysburg, Pa.
2008 Master of Arts in Education, TUI University, Cypress, Calif.
2009 Keystone, National Defense University, Ft. Leslie J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2010 Air Force Enterprise Management Seminar, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.
1. June 1987 - April 1992, Response Force Member/Leader, Security Controller, Armorer, and NCOIC
Scheduling and Ceremonies, Strategic Air Command Elite Guard, Offutt AFB, Neb.
2. May 1992 - May 1993, Stinger Missile System Shift Sergeant and NCOIC Supply, 8th Security
Police Squadron, Kunsan AB, Korea
3. June 1993 - July 1996, Security Controller, Shift Sergeant, NCOIC Training, NCOIC Alarm System Management Section, 50th Security Police Squadron, Falcon AFB, Colo.
4. August 1996 - May 1997, First Sergeant, 2d Space Operations Squadron, Falcon AFB, Colo.
5. May 1997 - March 1998, First Sergeant, 1st Space Operations Squadron, Falcon AFB, Colo.
6. April 1998 - April 1999, First Sergeant, 26th Accounting and Finance Squadron, Ramstein AB,
7. May 1999 - May 2000, First Sergeant, 86th Communications Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
8. June 2000 - August 2002, First Sergeant, 37th Airlift Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
9. September 2001 - December 2001, First Sergeant (Deployed), 363d Expeditionary Security Forces
Squadron, Prince Sultan Air Base, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
10. December 2001 - September 2002, First Sergeant, 37th Airlift Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
11. October 2002 - March 2003, First Sergeant, HQ 9AF/CENTAF, Shaw AFB, S.C
12. April 2003 - November 2004, First Sergeant, HQ PACAF, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
13. November 2004 - November 2006, Commandant, Kisling Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kapaun AS, Germany
14. November 2006 - December 2008, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 100th Air Refueling Wing, Royal Air Force Station Mildenhall, England
15. December 2008 - April 2010, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 18th Wing, Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, Japan
16. May 2010 - May 2012, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Eleventh Air Force; and Senior Enlisted Leader, Alaskan Command and Alaskan NORAD Region, Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska
17. June 2012 - present, Command Chief Master, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with valor and two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with one service star
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service medal
2001 USAFE First Sergeant of the Year
2000 3rd Air Force First Sergeant of the Year
1999 3rd Air Force First Sergeant of the Year
1998 HQ USAFE First Sergeant of the Year
1997 50th Space Wing First Sergeant of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Sergeant February 1990
Staff Sergeant June 1990
Technical Sergeant July 1993
Master Sergeant July 1996
Senior Master Sergeant March 2000
Chief Master Sergeant December 2002
(Current as of June 2012)