Chief Master Sergeant Stanley C. Cadell is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He is the senior enlisted leader for the command and the primary advisor to the commander and senior staff on all matters affecting the readiness, training, professional development and effective utilization of enlisted personnel. The command directs and oversees activities in six different centers, responsible for installation and mission support, discovery and development, test and evaluation, life cycle management services and sustainment of virtually every major Air Force weapon system, to include the entire scope of nuclear weapons sustainment. Additionally, Chief Cadell coordinates on development and implementation of command policy and ensures the strategic focus and synchronized efforts of more than 80,000 military and civilian Airmen across the command.
Chief Master Sergeant Cadell entered the Air Force in April 1992. His experiences include numerous duties in a maintenance career field and various leadership roles as a First Sergeant at the Squadron, Group, Numbered Air Force, Major Command and Headquarters Air Force. Additionally, Chief Cadell has served as a Command Chief Master Sergeant in two Wings and at the Number Air Force. His previous assignments include locations in the United Kingdom, Germany, South Dakota, Italy, Nebraska, South Carolina, Illinois, Delaware, Washington, D.C. and Texas. Chief Cadell also deployed in support of Operations DENY FLIGHT (Bosnia-Herzegovina), PROVIDE PROMISE (Bosnia), IRAQI FREEDOM (Southwest Asia) and NEW DAWN (Southwest Asia). Prior to assuming his current position, Chief Cadell served as the Twenty-Fifth Air Force Command Chief Master Sergeant at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas.
1992 Aerospace Ground Equipment Technology Basic Course, Chanute AFB, IL
1996 Airmen Leadership School, Ellsworth AFB, SD.
1998 Associate of Applied Science, Aerospace Ground Equipment Tech, Community College of the Air Force
2003 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kapaun AS, Germany
2005 USAF, First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell AFB, AL.
2006 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2006 Associate of Applied Science, Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force
2007 Bachelor of Science in Business Management, Peru State College, NE.
2010 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, AL.
2011 Professional Managers Certification, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, AL.
2012 AFSO 21 Senior Leadership Course, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN.
2013 USAF Leadership Enhancement Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, NC
2014 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2015 Masters of Business Administration (Magna Cum Laude), Trident University International, Cypress, CA.
2016 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, AL.
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2017 Keystone Fellow, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2018 USAF Cyber 400 Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. April 1992 - May 1992, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, TX.
2. May 1992 - September 1992, Student, Aerospace Ground Equipment Course, Chanute AFB, IL.
3. September 1992 - March 1994, Aerospace Ground Equipment Repairman, 20th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, RAF Upper Heyford, United Kingdom.
4. April 1994 - November 1995, Combat Aerospace Ground Equipment Journeyman, 52nd Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Spangdahlem AB, Germany.
5. October 1995 - April 1999, Combat AGE Journeyman, 28th Maintenance Squadron, Ellsworth AFB, SD.
6. May 1999 - September 2001, Quality Assurance Inspector, 28th Maintenance Group, Ellsworth AFB, SD.
7. October 2001- May 2002, Asst Combat Aerospace Ground Equipment Team Leader, 31st Maintenance Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy
8. June 2002 - April 2003, Servicing and Delivery Asst. Section Chief, 31st Maintenance Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy
9. May 2003 - May 2004, Servicing and Delivery Section Chief, 31st Maintenance Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy
10. June 2004 - December 2004, Inspection and Repair Section Chief, 31st Maintenance Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy
11. January 2005 - June 2005, First Sergeant, 31st Services Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy
12. June 2005 - September 2006, First Sergeant, 55th Operational Support Squadron, Offutt AFB, NE.
13. September 2006 - January 2007, First Sergeant 386th Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Ali Al Salem, Kuwait.
14. January 2007 - August 2007, First Sergeant, 55th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Offutt AFB, NE.
15. August 2007 - November 2008, First Sergeant, 55th Medical Group, Offutt AFB, NE.
16. November 2008 - January 2010, First Sergeant, 732 ESFS/Det 2, Forward Operating Base Mahmudiyah & Camp Stryker, Iraq.
17. January 2010 - June 2011, First Sergeant, 338th Combat Training Squadron, Offutt AFB, NE.
18. July 2011 - October 2012, First Sergeant, HQ 9th Air Force/USAFCENT, Shaw AFB, SC. (Jun 12 - Aug 12, Interim 9AF Command Chief).
19. October 2012 – February 2014, First Sergeant, 8F000 Functional Manager, HQ Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, IL.
20. February 2014 – June 2015, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 436th Airlift Wing, Dover AFB, DE.
21. June 2015 – May 2016, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Joint Base San Antonio and 502nd Air Base Wing, Fort Sam Houston, TX.
22. May 2016 – Jul 2017, USAF First Sergeant Special Duty Manager, Office of the Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, DC.
23. July 2017 – February 2019, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Twenty-Fifth Air Force, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, TX.
24. February 2019 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Force Material Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with one Bronze Oak Leaf Cluster
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with a Silver and two Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters
Army Achievement Medal
1992 Distinguished Graduate, Aerospace Ground Equipment Course
1996 Commandant Leadership Award Recipient, Airmen Leadership School
1997 28th Bomb Wing NCO of the Year
1997 Geico NCO of Year Merit Award
2000 28th Logistics Support Squadron NCO of the Year
2006 55th Operations Group First Sergeant of the Year
2007 55th Wing First Sergeant of the Year
2007 8th Air Force First Sergeant of the Year
2008 U.S. Army Combat Life Saver Course
2008 U.S. Army Combative Course
2009 89th Military Police Brigade Combat Patch
2010 55th Operations Group Lance P. Sijan Award
2010 55th Wing First Sergeant of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant October 1, 2012
(Current as of February 2019)