Gail P. Forest, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Director of Engineering and Technical Management, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. Ms. Forest is the Senior Technical Advisor to the Commander in support of the command’s mission to deliver war-winning technology, acquisition, test, and sustainment expeditionary capabilities to the warfighter. She leads the development and implementation of engineering policies and practices spanning science and technology, research, development, test and evaluation, sustainment focused on achieving fleet operational safety, suitability and effectiveness. Ms. Forest also directs development of new initiatives designed to improve the recruitment and career management of the command’s 12,000 military and civilian scientists and engineers.
Ms. Forest began her career as a manufacturing engineer with Buick Motor Division, General Motors Corporation. In 1982, she entered federal civil service as an engineer in the Maintenance Directorate at Headquarters Air Force Logistics Command. She has held numerous engineering, logistics, and acquisition program management positions.
Prior to her current assignment, Ms. Forest was the Director for Information Dominance Programs, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Washington, D.C. She was responsible for planning and programming all acquisition and modernization activities for Air Force command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance programs.
1977 Bachelor of Science degree in industrial engineering, Kettering University, Flint, Mich.
1989 Master of Science degree in administration, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant
2003 Carnegie Mellon Executive Excellence Program, Dayton, Ohio
2007 Master of Science degree in national resource strategy, National Defense University, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.CAREER CHRONOLOGY
1. December 1977 - December 1978, manufacturing process engineer, General Motors Corp., Flint, Mich.
2. December 1978 - August 1982, industrial engineer and marketing/sales engineer, International Harvester, Louisville, Ky.
3. September 1982 - July 1986, industrial engineer, Depot Maintenance Equipment Program, Headquarters
Air Force Logistics Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. July 1986 - November 1989, Lead Engineer, Aircraft/Stores Certification Program, Headquarters AFLC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. November 1989 - May 1991, Logistics Manager, Aircraft/Stores Certification Program, Headquarters
AFLC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. May 1991 - January 1993, Chief, Systems Requirements and Engineering Division, Headquarters Air
Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. January 1993 - February 1994, Deputy Program Manager, Computer-aided Acquisitions and Logistics
Support Shared Resource Center Program, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. February 1994 - October 1996, Chief, Air Force Computer-aided Acquisitions and Logistics Support
Strategic Plans and Support Division, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. October 1996 - March 1998, Deputy Program Manager, Air Force Product Data Systems Modernization
Office, Electronic Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. March 1998 - October 2000, Program Manager, Air Force Product Data Systems Modernization Office, ESC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. October 2000 - September 2003, Chief, Strategic Planning and Business Development Division, ESC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
12. September 2003 - July 2006, Special Programs Chief Information Officer and Deputy Chief, Special
Programs Division, Headquarters AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
13. August 2006 - June 2007, student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
14. July 2007 - March 2009, Deputy Director, Munitions Directorate, AFRL, Eglin AFB, Fla.
15. March 2009 - January 2011, Associate Director for Air Platforms, AFRL, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
16. January 2011 - June 2013, Director, Plans and Programs, AFRL, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
17. June 2013 – February 2016, Director for Information Dominance Programs, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Washington, D.C.
18. February 2016 – present, Director of Engineering and Technical Management, HQ AFMC/EN, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
AWARDS AND HONORS
Outstanding Engineer Award, Air Force Association.
Field Award in Project Management, Society of Logistics Engineers
Air Force Logistics Executive Cadre Distinguished Federal Civilian Service Award Civilian Achievement Award
Meritorious Civilian Service AwardPROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Air Force Association
Life member, Society of Women EngineersPROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS
Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering, Level III Program Management, Level III Acquisition Logistics, Level I
Communications - Computer Systems, Level I Financial Management and Comptroller, Level I Test and
Evaluation, Level I
(Current as of March 2016)