Colonel Frank B. Schreiber is Director of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance at Headquarters, Air Force Materiel Command, WrightPatterson Air Force Base, Ohio. As the command’s senior intelligence officer, he advocates for intelligence plans, policy, and programs. He also serves as the command’s senior intelligence functional advisor to Air Force weapon systems research, development, acquisition and sustainment programs. He manages planning & execution of $193M annually supporting intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance assets.
Colonel Schreiber enlisted in the Air Force in Aug 1985 as an Airborne Spanish Cryptologic Linguist and earned a regular commission in May 1996 as an honor graduate from Officer Training School. He is a career intelligence professional and regional affairs strategist with 3,000 hours in various command, control, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance aircraft. He served in a variety of Air Force, Joint, and DoD organizations and commanded at the Detachment, Squadron, and Element levels. His combat deployments include Operations JUST CAUSE, DESERT SHIELD, DESERT STORM, DESERT CALM, IRAQI FREEDOM, ENDURING FREEDOM, and NEW DAWN.
1991 Associate of Science in Intelligence Collection, CCAF, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1994 Bachelor of Science, Management, Nova-Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
1996 Honor Graduate, Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1996 Honor Graduate, Intelligence Fundamentals Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
1997 Honor Graduate, Intelligence Operations Officer Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas 1999 Master of Science, Public Administration, Auburn University, Montgomery, Ala.
2000 Master of Science, Strategic Intelligence, National Intelligence University, Bolling AFB, Washington DC 2002 Distinguished Graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ariz.
2003 Marine Corps Amphibious Warfare School, Marine Corps University, by seminar
2006 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2006 Intermediate Developmental Education In-Residence – Strategic Policy Intern
2011 Air War College, by correspondence
2015 Master of Science, Joint Campaign Planning & Strategy, Joint Advanced Warfighting School, Naval Station Norfolk, Virg.
1. Jan 1997 - Aug 1999, Intel Ops Officer/Analyst, College of Aerospace Doctrine, Research, and Education, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2. Sep 1999 - Aug 2000, Student, National Intelligence University, Defense Intelligence Agency, Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C.
3. Aug 2000 - Mar 2001, Airborne Intelligence Officer, 42d Airborne Command and Control Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ari.
4. Mar 2001 - May 2002, Executive Officer and Airborne Intelligence Officer, 355th Operations Group, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ari.
5. Jun 2002 - Jun 2003, Air Force Intern, Headquarters USAF, Pentagon, Washington D.C. (OASD-I/ISR, SAF/PA)
6. Jul 2003 - Sep 2004, Chief, Force Applications/Information Integration Officer, 97th Intelligence Squadron, Offutt AFB, Neb.
7. Sep 2004 - May 2006, Group Stan/Eval Flight Examiner, 55th Operations Group, Offutt AFB, Neb.
8. May 2006 - May 2008, Commander, Detachment 2, 18th Intelligence Squadron, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
9. May 2008 - Oct 2009, Chief, Operations Inspections, AF ISR Agency Inspector General, San Antonio, Texas
10. Oct 2009 - Nov 2010, Chief of Inspections, AF ISR Agency Inspector General, San Antonio, Texas
11. Dec 2010 - Jun 2012, Deputy Chief, Standardization and Evaluation, AF ISR Agency Operations, San Antonio, Texas
12. Jun 2012 - Jun 2014, Commander, Signals Analysis Squadron, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
13. Jun 2014 - Jun 2015, Student, Joint Advanced Warfighting School (JFSC/NDU), Naval Station Norfolk, Va.
14. Jun 2015 - Jun 2016, Chief, Future Operations, JPSE/JECC, Naval Station Norfolk, Va.
15. Jun 2016 - May 2017, Chief, Operations, JPSE/JECC, Naval Station Norfolk, Va.
16. May 2017 - Jun 2018, Commander, AF Element and Chief, Operations, JPSE/JECC, Naval Station Norfolk, Va.
17. Jun 2018 - Present, Director of Intelligence Surveillance & Reconnaissance, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
1. Nov-Dec 1989, Op JUST CAUSE, Airborne Cryptologic Linguist, 6949 ESS, Offutt AFB, NE (6933 ESS, Howard AFB, Panama)
2. Dec 1990 - May 1991, Op DESERT SHIELD/STORM/CALM, Airborne Cryptologic Linguist, 6975 ESS, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3. May-Sep 2004, Op IRAQI/ENDURING FREEDOM, Information Integration Officer, 763 ERS, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
4. Oct 2005 - Feb 2006, Op IRAQI/ENDURING FREEDOM, Information Integration Officer, 763 ERS, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
5. Jul-Aug 2009, Op ENDURING FREEDOM, Sr. Analyst, Center for Army Lessons Learned JISR CAAT, Bagram AB, Afghanistan
6. Jun-Dec 2010, Op IRAQI FREEDOM/NEW DAWN, Deputy Director, CSG Baghdad, Victory Base Complex, Iraq
Rating: Nonrated Officer Aircrew Member
Flight hours: More than 3,000 including 70 combat missions and 800 combat hours
Aircraft flown: RC-135V/W RIVET JOINT, EC-130E ABCCC, C-130E/H SENIOR SCOUT, E-3B/C AWACS
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Defense Superior Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with four bronze oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with one silver oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with three bronze oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with four bronze oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal with one bronze star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal with three bronze stars
Iraq Campaign Medal with one bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
Kuwait Liberation Medal, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with saber and palm device Kuwait Liberation Medal, Government of Kuwait
1997 - Joint Doctrine Air Campaign Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1998 - Information Warfare Applications Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1999 - Contingency Wartime Planning Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2001 - EC-130E ABCCC Airborne Intelligence Officer (AIO) Qualification Course, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
2003 - Certificate of Organizational Management, George Washington University, Washington DC
2003 - RC-135V/W RIVET JOINT Information Integration Officer (IIO) Qualification Course, Offutt AFB, Neb.
2004 - Air Combat Command Central Flight Instructor Course, Offutt AFB, Neb.
2006 - Air Combat Command Squadron Commander Course, Langley AFB, Va.
2006 - Joint Professional Military Education Phase I Complete, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 - USAF Inspectors Course, Randolph AFB, Texas
2009 - Intelligence Master Skills Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2011 - AN/GSQ-272 SENTINEL (AF DCGS) Mission Operations Commander Qualification Course, Beale AFB, Cal.
2012 - AF ISR Agency Squadron Commander Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
2015 - Joint Professional Military Education Phase II Complete (JAWS), Naval Station Norfolk, Va.
2015 - NATO Comprehensive Operational Planning Course, Oberammergau, Germany 2016 - Joint Firepower Course, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2016 - Joint Targeting Staff Course, Dam Neck, Va.
2016 - Defense Support to Civil Authorities II Course, Tindall AFB, Fla.
2016 - Special Technical Operations Planner Course, Suffolk, Va.
2017 - Cyber Operations Fundamentals Course (Cyber Certification Level I), Maple Network Defense Range, Vt. 2017 - NATO Senior Information Operations Course, Oberammergau, Germany
Achieved dual language qualifications in Spanish (3/3 Defense Language Proficiency Test) and Portuguese (2+/2+)
Awarded Phi Kappa Phi, Pi Alpha Alpha, and Pi Sigma Alpha National Honor Society graduate honors for Political Science, Public Administration and International Relations
Awarded Regional Affairs Strategist secondary Air Force Specialty Code (16P1) and Operations Support Occupational Badge Awarded the Permanently Conferred Joint Advanced Warfighting School Advanced School Graduate Patch
1. Sep 2000, National Intelligence University thesis, “Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle Command and Control Impact on Ops-Intel
Relationship,” Kuszewski Operations-Intelligence Partnership Award Finalist
2. Jan 2009, Intelligence Master Skills Course scholarly paper, “Network Centric Mentoring: Applying Virtual Communities of Practice and Peer-to-Peer Networking to Development of Enhanced Intelligence Expert-Generalists”
3. Jun 2015, National Defense University thesis, “Autonomous Power: From War to Peace in the I-Robot Millennium”
EFFECTIVE DATES OF APPOINTMENT/PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant May 3, 1996
First Lieutenant May 3, 1998
Captain May 3, 2000
Major Mar 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel Dec 1, 2010
Colonel Mar 1, 2017
(Current as of Aug 2018)