Heidi H. Bullock, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Director of Contracting, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. She manages AFMC contracting policy, processes, people and technology. The 3,900-person AFMC contracting workforce executes $51 billion annually to procure emerging technologies, major weapon systems, supply chain items, installation support and a wide range of contracted services.
Ms. Bullock is a 1985 graduate of Saint Michael’s College, Colchester, Vermont. She was commissioned through the college's ROTC program and began her Air Force service as an adjutant at Moody AFB, Georgia. During her 25-year military career, she held a variety of administrative, missile and acquisition assignments. Prior to her current assignment, she was the Executive Director Air Force Installation Contracting Agency, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, where she assisted the commander with enterprise-wide installation strategic sourcing efforts for the Air Force and oversaw $3.9 billion in annual obligations of non-systems acquisitions.
Ms. Bullock deployed twice to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom; first in 2003 as the Commander, DCMA Southern Iraq and in 2006 as the Chief, Specialized Contracting Division for the Principal Assistant for Contracting for Joint Contracting Command Iraq/Afghanistan. She retired from active duty as Deputy Director of Contracting for the Aeronautical Systems Center at Wright Patterson AFB. She was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in 2015.
1985 Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Saint Michael’s College, Colchester, Vt.
1987 Squadron Officer’s School Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1991 Masters of Business Administration, Central Missouri State University, Warrensburg
1997 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2002 Air War College, by correspondence
1. June 1985 – May 1987, Adjutant, 68th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
2. May 1987 – September 1987, student, Initial Qualification Training, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
3. September 1987 – May 1988, Deputy Missile Combat Crew Flight commander, 510 Strategic Missile Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
4. June 1988 – May 1989, Deputy Standardization/Evaluation Missile Combat Crew Commander, 351 Strategic Missile Wing, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
5. June 1989 – November 1989, Missile Combat Crew Commander, 510th Strategic Missile Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
6. December 1989 – December 1990, Standardization/Evaluation Missile Combat Crew Commander, 351 Strategic Missile Wing, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
7. December 1990 – June1992, Senior Standardization/Evaluation Missile Combat Crew Commander, 351 Strategic Missile Wing, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
8. June 1992 – June 1993, Air Force Institute of Technology Education with Industry, General Electric, Moorestown, N.J.
9. June 1993 – August 1994, Acquisition Contracting Officer, Tinker AFB, Okla.
10. September 1994 – July 1996, Air Force Logistics Career Broadening Program, Tinker AFB, Okla.
11. August 1996 – August 1997, Acquisition Contracting Officer, Contract Airlift Division, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, IL.
12. September 1997 – July 2000, Deputy Chief, Contracting Division, Airborne Laser System Program Office, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
13. August 2000 – August 2002, Air Force Centralized Acquisition Support Team, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
14. September 2002 – July 2005, Commander, Defense Contract Management Agency, Salt Lake City, Utah
15. August 2005 – June 2006, Chief, Contracting Division, Joint Unmanned Combat Air Systems (J-UCAS) Program Office, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
16. July 2006 – November 2006, Director of Contracts, 356th Aeronautical Systems Group, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
17. December 2006 – May 2008, Director of Contracts, 77th Aeronautical Systems Wing, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
18. May 2008 – June 2010, Deputy Director of Contracting, Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
19. June 2010 – May 2012, Procurement Analyst, Contracting Directorate, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
20. June 2012 – February 2015, Chief of Contracts, Agile Combat Support Directorate, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
21. February 2015 – October 2016, Executive Director, Air Force Installation Contracting Agency, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
22. October 2016 – Director of Contracting, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Exemplary Civilian Service Award
1996 Acquisition Logistics, Level I, Acquisition Professional Development Program (APDP)
2001 Contracting, Level III, APDP
2005 Program Management, Level I, APDP
2011 Certified Federal Contracts Manager
(Current as of January 2017)