New video library allows CHPS to help from a distance
Civilian Health Promotion Services
/ Published July 17, 2020
TINKER AIR FORCE BASE, Okla. --
Over the past months, learning how to live, operate and function using virtual services has become the norm for almost every aspect of life. Online learning and teaching is one of the fastest growing trends in technology.
The Civilian Health Promotion Services has a new virtual platform to help individuals to stay connected to health and wellness goals from a distance.
To access the CHPS video library and health education classes:
- Access the CHPS video library at USAFwellness.com – under the “Documents” section, select the class link to view in the class library.
- Schedule CHPS to teach a class during virtual team meetings (via telephone or video conference)
- Choose from a variety of health topics such as healthy eating, physical activity, stress management, and much more
Virtual health and wellness consultations:
- Interact with CHPS staff one-on-one (via phone or email)
- Receive help with health and wellness concerns and questions
- Get connected to local and virtual health and wellness resources
Find more at USAFwellness.com:
- Complete a Health Risk Assessment and take advantage of resources to help in your growth toward healthy lifestyle changes
- Health risk assessments provide instant results upon completion – helps identify health issues, current health risks and specific ways to improve health
- Online personal improvement tools allow participants to track daily workouts, steps, personal metrics, food intake with the help of an accurate calorie count for calorie intake and burn and track progress towards health goals.
- Link information from other fitness sites or apps
- Get suggestions for small goals to focus on each day called Daily Pursuits
- Form alliances with friends and co-workers to create support to meet and achieve personal well-being
- Access a wide variety of health information and resources in the Health Library
The first step to accessing these virtual resources is to simply create an account on USAFwellness.com or login to an existing account.
For more information or questions about how to view the new recorded classes, other virtual resources, scheduling a consultation or a virtual class for your organization, contact your local CHPS team.