JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-RANDOLPH, Texas (AFNS) -- Air Force officials recently announced the service’s top enlisted members, naming the 2020 12 Outstanding Airmen of the Year.
An Air Force selection board at the Air Force’s Personnel Center considered 36 nominees representing major commands, direct reporting units, field operating agencies and headquarters Air Force. The board selected the 12 Airmen based on superior leadership, job performance and personal achievements.
The 12 Outstanding Airmen of the Year, alphabetically, by command of assignment when selected, are:
- Senior Airman Cassidy B. Basney, U.S. Space Force
- Master Sgt. Douglas K. Brock, Air National Guard
- Tech. Sgt. Jeremiah C. Camper, Air Education and Training Command
- Senior Master Sgt. Verna L. Cannon-Golemboski, Air Force Special Operations Command
- Senior Airman Roxanne Y. Darien, Air Force Materiel Command
- Tech. Sgt. Yvonne N. Febles-Rosario, Air Mobility Command
- Tech. Sgt. Nicole A. Gansert, Air Force Reserve Command
- Senior Master Sgt. Christopher A. Haney, U.S. Air Forces in Europe- Air Forces Africa
- Senior Master Sgt. Wilfred A. Morgan, Air Force Global Strike Command
- Tech. Sgt. Matthew M. O’Neill, Air Combat Command
- Senior Master Sgt. Christopher M. Ricks, Pacific Air Forces
- Senior Airman Portia L. Short, Air Force District of Washington
The winners are authorized to wear the Outstanding Airman of the Year Ribbon with the bronze service star device on the ribbon. They are also authorized to wear the Outstanding Airman of the Year badge for one year from the date of formal presentation.
The major command nominee list is available on myPers > Recognition >Special Trophies and Awards or select the active-duty enlisted category from the dropdown menu and search “12 OAY.”