An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

How service members and military spouses can vote from anywhere

  • Published
  • Airman and Family Readiness Center

HILL AIR FORCE BASE, Utah -- The November election is rapidly approaching – Nov. 3. Don’t miss your opportunity to make an impact.

If you’re active-duty military or a military spouse claiming residency in another state, you have two options for voting:

1. Apply for an absentee ballot from your current state of residence; or
2. Change your state of residence to Utah and vote locally.

To apply for an absentee ballot please review your state’s Voting Assistance Guide at for the application process and mail-in deadlines.

For guidance on registering and voting in Utah, please visit

Additional voting resources can be found at You may also contact your Unit Voting Assistance Officer or call the Installation Voting Assistance Office at 801-777-4681 for more information.